PMI Central Arkansas Chapter Board of Directors Nominations for 2020-2021
Nominations are being accepted August 1 to August 30 for 2020-2021 PMI Central Arkansas Chapter Board of Directors. This is a great way to get involved with PMI and the local chapter. Board Members get to work with Project Managers and others in our chapter, our region, and around the world—PLUS earn up to 10 PDUs per year of service under category E towards their PMI professional certification. Candidates will be announced on the chapter website, social media, and in a special newsletter publication to the membership. We will conduct the election on September 1 – September 30, 2020 via online voting on the chapter website.
New officers will begin their two-year terms starting in January 2021. The following Board of Directors positions are up for election for the 2021-2023 term.
President-Elect (This is a one-year term which will become President for one year in January 2022 and Past President for one year in January 2023)
To be considered for the President-Elect, the member must have completed at least one term on the Board of Directors.
The slate of candidates for the office of President-Elect will be appointed by the current Board based on the nominations received from members. The President-Elect will serve during the last term of the current President. The President-Elect will serve in a mentoring role by attending each Board meeting and preside over one (1) chapter meeting per quarter. The President-Elect will assume any VP role that may vacate prior to the end of an elected term. The President-Elect does not vote unless he/she has assumed another role on the Board. The President-Elect has to be nominated and voted on if he/she desires to serve as President the next term. For additional information, please refer to the chapter bylaws, Article V, Section 14.
Vice President of Membership (this is a two-year term January 2021 – December 2022)
Responsible for maintaining the PMICAC membership database using information supplied by PMI. In addition, use the information provided to grow the chapter and increase member retention. Gather names and data on attendees of all meetings of the general membership, including non-members. Maintain the Chapter emailing lists. Contact and welcome new chapter members. Responsible for Member Recognition. Maintain the Chapter database of volunteers, their relevant skills data, and volunteer areas of interest, ensuring the records are accessible to members of the board or committee chairs upon request in a timely manner. Provide company-related data on members and constituents to other Board Members. For additional information, please refer to the chapter bylaws, Article V, Section 7.
What kind of time commitment is involved?
- Monthly chapter meeting (2nd Thursday of every month, 1 to 2 hrs)
- Monthly board meeting (4th Thursday of every month, 1 to 2 hrs plus status report preparation time)
- Board members average four to eight hours of work monthly performing their specific role in interacting with appointed Directors and their committee members in work relevant to their area of responsibility.
- Annual board planning session(s) to establish the strategic direction for the Chapter (approximately 8 hrs)
What are the benefits of being on the Board of Directors?
In addition to earning up to 10 PDUs per year of service under category E towards their PMI professional certification, officers are encouraged to represent the PMI Central Arkansas Chapter by participating in either the Region 6 or North American Leadership Institute Meeting during the first year of their two-year term:
- Typically held in April each year, attend the Annual 2.5 day Region 6 Leadership Conference (earn up to 12 PDUs), where officers will network, attend breakout sessions, and share best practices with chapter officers from Texas, Northwest Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Colorado for the advancement of the PMI Central Arkansas Chapter.
- Typically held in October each year, attend the Annual 2.5 day PMI North American Leadership Institute Meeting (earn up to 14 PDUs), where officers will network, learn best practices with chapter officers from around the world, meet PMI global leaders, and attend professional development sessions to enhance their PM careers and advance the PMI Central Arkansas Chapter.
Additionally, all officers are encouraged to participate in the annual PMI Central Arkansas Chapter Professional Development Day event (and earn up to 7 PDUs), which is typically held in the Fall each year.
What are the qualifications? In short, a candidate:
- Must be and remain a member in good standing of the PMI Central Arkansas chapter during the term of service.
- Must meet the requirements of the position and be willing and able to commit to a two-year term of service.
- Certification as a CAPM®, PMP®, PgMP®, PMI-SP®, or PMI-RMP® in roles involving education (VP of Programs and VP of Professional Development)
What is the next step?
Nominees may be self-nominated or nominated by others. Nominees should submit an officer nomination form, which includes space for a brief paragraph bio and their vision for serving CACPMI in this position on the form.
- VP of Membership VRMS ID# 28677
- President-Elect VRMS ID# 28676
Please note that nominations are restricted to current PMI Central Arkansas Chapter members in good standing and will close on August 30, 2020 at 11:55 PM CST.